Whatman™ Three-piece Filter Funnel
Features quick and easy filtration. Whatman™ Three-piece Filter Funnels dismantle quickly for the insertion of a new filter. Funnels are available with a choice of three plates and come in several sizes.
Manufacturer: Whatman™ 1950009
Funnel, Filter; Whatman; 3-piece (acrylic, PTFE, polypropylene plates); Glass sealing flanges; Positive filter clamping; Filtration area: 38.5cm2; Reservoir: 200mL; Funnel height: 17.9cm; Diameter: 7cm; Dimensions: 9cm; 1/packThe increased use of high-efficiency glass microfiber filters in modern laboratories has created a demand for simple and effective filter-holding systems. Whatman 3-piece filter funnels have been designed to complement the range of Whatman fine particle retention, rapid flow rate glass microfiber filters.
- Three-piece construction; funnel is quickly dismantled for insertion of a new filter
- Glass sealing flanges are ground flat to ensure a good filter seal
- Retained solids are deposited within the filter circle
- Edge clamping prevents peripheral loss and possible passage of solution around, rather than through, the filter circle
- Parts can be quickly and efficiently cleaned
- Acrylic - Supplied as standard; suitable for filtration of most aqueous solutions; maximum working temperature 65°C
- Polypropylene Plate - Optional extra. Recommended for most acids (except concentrated nitric acid and fuming sulfuric acid) at room temperatures; suitable also for most alcohols, glycols, ethers and ketones; maximum working temperature 100°C
- PTFE - For virtually all common acids, alkalis and solvents at temperatures up to 100°C; maximum working temperature 200°C