Whatman™ Quantitative Filter Paper: Grade 540 Circles
Use as a gravimetric filter during analysis of metals in acidic or alkaline solutions and in the collection of hydroxides. Whatman™ Quantitative Filter Paper: Grade 540 Circles acid-treated surface prevents tearing during filtration and allows the user to scrape precipitates from the paper.
Manufacturer: Whatman™ 1540324
Filter Papers; Whatman; Quantitative; Grade 540 Papers; Particle retention: 8um; Surface: Smooth, hard; Porosity: Medium; Filtration speed: Herzberg, 200 seconds; 2.4cm dia.Whatman hardened ashless quantitative filter papers are acid-hardened to give high wet strength and chemical resistance with extremely low ash content. They are suitable for a wide range of critical filtration procedures.
- High-purity, acid-treated cellulose lab filter paper
- Mechanically strong
- Well suited for quantitative or gravimetric analysis of strongly acidic or alkaline samples
- Extremely low ash content (0.006% ash maximum)
- Nominal particle retention of 8 µm
- Medium flow rate (Herzberg filtration speed 200 s)
|Gravimetric analysis of metals in acid/alkali solutions. Collecting hydroxides after precipitation by strong alkalis. Normal loading; high wet strength.|