Thermo Scientific™ Verso 1-Step RT-PCR Kits
Get everything needed for RT-PCR in this complete set of reagents with a highly processive reverse transcriptase enzyme, available with regular or hot start Taq.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ AB1454/A
Verso 1-Step RT-PCR system is a complete set of RT-PCR reagents that combines everything needed for RT-PCR. The Verso RT enzyme delivers high processivity and can be used at temperatures up to 57°C, delivering effective transcription through difficult RNA secondary structures. Verso also shows a better dynamic range than standard AMV or M-MuLV enzymes, with increases in template concentration giving rise to corresponding increases in product generated over a wider range of starting material concentrations.
The Verso system is available with ThermoPrime (standard PCR) or Thermo-Start (hot start) polymerase, the latter providing a more specific option that delivers higher yields and greatly reduces nonspecific primer extension before PCR. Thermo-Start Taq DNA Polymerase is a chemically-modified polymerase that remains inactive throughout the RT step, activated only by the high-temperature incubation (95°C for 15 minutes) prior to PCR.
An optional RT Enhancer is provided with kits and can be used during the RT step to remove any DNA contamination, eliminating the need for DNase I treatment.
The Verso 1-step RT-PCR system is also available with a ReddyMix option, where the master mix contains a dye and precipitant that allow RT-PCR reactions to be loaded directly onto an electrophoresis gel. The red dye migrates between bromophenol blue and xylene cyanol at approximately 300 bp, depending on agarose concentration.
- Eliminate the need for DNase treatments -RT Enhancer (optional) prevents gDNA carry-over
- Enzyme choice -Standard PCR or hot start options available
- Available as ReddyMix formulation -eliminate post-PCR steps required for electrophoresis
- RT and PCR steps performed in single sealed tube -convenience and reduced contamination risk
- Verso enzyme is highly sensitive in a broad dynamic range -accurately detect RNA input from 1 pg to 1 µg
- Wide working temperature range (42 to57°C) for success with GC-rich and other difficult templates
- RNase Inhibitor included in RT enzyme mix
|Master Mix with ThermoPrime Taq|
|Verso 1-Step RT-PCR Master Mix w/ThermoPrime Taq|
|Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles|
|80 x 25µL Rxns|