Tin(II) oxide is used as reducing agent, soft abrasive, and in preparation of stannous salts. It is used in the manufacture of copper ruby glass, and for illumination with UV light.
Insoluble in water and alcohol.
Incompatible with materials like strong oxidizing agents, strong acids, strong reducing agents and alkali metals.
Safety and Handling
GHS H Statement
Harmful if swallowed.
GHS P Statement
Wash thoroughly after handling.
Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
IF SWALLOWED: Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell. Rinse mouth.
Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
RTECSNumber : XQ3700000
TSCA : TSCA