The c-Myc peptide (EQKLISEEDL) has become a popular fusion tag for mammalian recombinant protein expression, and this kit facilitates immunoprecipitation (IP) or co-immunoprecipitation (co-IP) experiments involving c-Myc-tagged proteins. The kit includes crosslinked beaded agarose to which a highly specific anti-c-Myc antibody is covalently immobilized. Upon incubation with a sample containing the tagged fusion protein, interaction complexes involving the c-Myc-tagged bait protein are captured on the agarose beads. After simple washing steps, the specific protein interaction complex is easily eluted from the resin in the supplied elution buffer or SDS-PAGE sample loading buffer for subsequent analysis. The kit includes the prepared agarose affinity resin, buffers, microcentrifuge spin columns, a positive control and easy-to-follow instructions.
- Specific – the immobilized anti-c-Myc monoclonal antibody binds the c-Myc epitope tag with high specificity, providing high yield immunoprecipitation products and clean Western blot detection
- High capacity – excellent results with as little as 1μg of anti-c-Myc antibody in IP mode with the positive control lysate
- Rigorous – kit includes a positive control lysate that contains over-expressed GST-c-Myc to validate the reagents and specific protocol, and the instructions provide tips for planning other controls
- Robust – the affinity system is compatible with IP or Co-IP from various cell lysates and physiological (non-denaturing) buffer systems; choose kits with or without mammalian cell lysis buffer
- Convenient and easy – complete kit includes all necessary reagents, convenient spin columns, and easy-to-follow instructions