Thermo Scientific™ Sorvall™ BP 8 and 16 Blood Banking Centrifuges
Enhanced ergonomics and compact design combined with the quick set-up of traceable, reproducible runs makes this the centrifuge of choice for simplified blood processing productivity.
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ 75007681
With an improved capacity of 16 x 500mL blood bags and user-friendly design, the NEW Thermo Scientific™ Sorvall™ BP 8 and 16 blood banking centrifuges make working with large volumes easier and more convenient, using the protocols you’ve already validated and is in compliance with global standards.
We also offer a range of adapters allowing the centrifugation of most common tubes and microplates, using the same rotor body and oval buckets (75003964).
- Available in two models, offering the flexibility to select higher capacity rotors or match existing workflows, with a choice of 4 Thermo Scientific™ HAEMAFlex™ rotors:
- For regular- to medium-throughput blood processing needs, select the Sorvall BP 8 centrifuge providing 6 x 550mL blood bag capacity and, utilizing the same bucket system, is upgradeable to 8 x 550 mL bags
- For high-throughput blood processing needs, choose the Sorvall BP 16 centrifuge with 12 x 500 mL capacity and is upgradeable to 16 x 500 mL blood bags with the same bucket selections
- Achieve reproducible results with the Thermo Scientific™ Accumulated Centrifugal Effect (ACE™) function, automatically adjusting run time to account for variations in acceleration.
Built-in safety and efficiency
- Compact design and enhanced ergonomics with push-button convenience to optimize everyday centrifuge use:
- Automatic front-to-back centrifuge door opening and closing with the Thermo Scientific™ Auto-Door™ function
- Thermo Scientific™ Auto-Lid™ rotor lid opening and closing with lid storage
- Immediate rotor detection and programming with Thermo Scientific™ Auto-ID instant rotor identification that saves time and protects the integrity of your samples.
- Thermo Scientific™ Centri-Touch™ interface with bright, highly visible and glove-friendly display simplifies run set-up, further enhanced with access controls such as user login with password protection and Thermo Scientific™ Centri-Cross™ function to convert your existing protocols.
|6 x 550 mL and 8 x 550 mL Blood Bags|
|-20°C to +40°C, adjustable to 1°C|
|1025.2 lb. (465 kg)|
|Blood Banking Centrifuge|
|99 hours 59 min 59 sec (1 sec increments)|
|SorvallÂ BP 8 Centrifuge|
|DuraFlex high torque brushless drive technology|
|2 years unit, 5 years power-train (motor shaft and drive), 5 years refrigeration|
|11 accel, 12 decel, multiple emulation profiles|
|39.9 x 32.1 x 35.4 in. (101.5 x 81.6 x 90.0 cm)|
|EN 61010-1 3rd Edition, IEC 61010-2-020 3rd Edition, IEC 61010-2-101 3rd Edition, EN 61326-1 Class B, EN 61326-2-6, EN 62304, EN 62366, EN ISO 14971, EN ISO 13485|
|Energy efficient, less waste|
|7,295 x g|
|UL, FDA listed, CE Marked for Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC|
|200/208/220/230/240 V Â±10% 50/60 Hz, Single Phase|
|Refrigeration off when door opens, Eco-Spin windshielded rotors|
|Multilingual selection, on-board training videos, user logging, user lock-out, automatic door opening, automatic rotor ID, on-screen display for imbalance, over temperature, stainless steel chamber, guidance display for error messages|