Sartorius Vivaspin™ 2 Centrifugal Concentrators: PES Membrane
Combines high speed with superior retentate recovery for concentrating very dilute solutions. Sartorius Vivaspin™ 2 Centrifugal Concentrators: PES Membrane feature twin vertical membranes, small internal surface areas and thin-channel chambers. Available in a range of MWCO and packaging quantities.
Manufacturer: Sartorius VS0272
Combines high speed with superior retentate recovery for concentrating very dilute solutions. Sartorius Vivaspin™ 2 Centrifugal Concentrators: PES Membrane feature twin vertical membranes, small internal surface areas and thin-channel chambers. Available in a range of MWCO and packaging quantities.Vivaspin concentrators are disposable ultrafiltration devices for concentrating biological samples. Vivaspin 2 is designed for use with samples from 500μl to 2mL in rotors that accept 15mL centrifuge tubes. The unique design provides high-speed concentrations for even particle-laden solutions and near-total concentrate recovery.
Twin vertical membranes and optimal design for fast, safe concentration
- Patented twin vertical membrane design for ultra-fast processing speeds
- In a single spin, solution volumes up to 4mL can be concentrated up to 30x in 5–30 minutes
- Thin-channel filtration chamber minimizes membrane fouling and increases filtration speed
- Dead stop pocket built into the bottom eliminates the risk of sample filtration to dryness
- High-flux PES membranes feature very low protein binding and low extractables
- Low internal surface and membrane area for superior recoveries from very dilute solutions
- Two methods for easy concentrate recovery:
- Directly pipet the concentrate from the dead stop pocket in the concentrator
- Reverse-spin the concentrate into the recovery cap, which can be sealed for storage
- Both methods provide near-total concentrate recovery of greater than 90%
- Volume graduation for easy monitoring of concentrate volume and 8µl dead-stop volume
- Universal compatibility with swing bucket or fixed angle rotors accepting 15mL centrifuge tubes
|Concentration, desalting and buffer applications|
|2 mL (Fixed Angle Rotor), 3 mL (Swing Bucket Rotor)|
|Swing bucket rotor: 4,000 x g
Fixed angle rotor: 9,000 x g (3 - 50kDa MWCO); 12,000 x g (100kDa+ MWCO)
Buy $7,500 or more in Sartorius products and get an Entris II Precision Balance at no additional cost.
Spend $2,500 or more on Sartorius products and get a Sartorius Tacta Pipette Multipack at no additional cost.