Sartorius™ Glass Fiber (GF) Pre-filters
Use as a depth filter for larger totally filterable volumes. Sartorius™ Glass Fiber (GF) Pre-filters are made of borosilicate glass microfibers and are ideal for use as a pre-filter in clarification and sterile filtration. Available in a range of filter disc diameters.
Manufacturer: Sartorius™ 1340047Q
DescriptionThe major use of the glass microfiber filter disc is as a depth prefilter in clarification and sterile filtration. As a prefilter, it is placed directly on top of a membrane filter. The prefilter diameter must be the one specified for the chosen holder; larger diameters will intrude under the sealing ring of the holder and cause leakage.
- Manufactured with a hydrophillic acrylic binder for defined strength
- Has a high particle loading capacity for filtering relatively dirty liquids
- Mechanically and chemically stable, with a temperature resistance up to 220°C
- Other filter characteristics:
- Weight: 73g/m2
- Extractable content in isopropanol: 1.54%
- Extractable content in water: 1.12%
- Pressure drop at 5.3cm/sec: 0.363kPa
- Total throughput at 1bar: 320mL/min./cm2
|Borosilicate Microfiber Glass|
|Used as a depth prefilter high particle loading capacity|
|295 to 381mL/min.|