Resiniferatoxin, a potent capsaicin-like stimulator of peripheral nociceptors in the neonatal rat tail in vitro. Resiniferatoxin is used as an anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-psoriatic uses. Diterpene ester related to phorbol but apparently not tumorigenic activates protein kinase C
Soluble in DMSO to 100mM and to 50mM in ethanol
Resiniferatoxin (RTX) is susceptible to slow degradation if exposed to air. Even at -20°C, Store in cool place. Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place. Recommended storage temperature: -20°C. Keep in a dry place. Keep away from strong oxidizing agents. RTX must be stored in an inert atmosphere for long-term stability.
|Soluble in DMSO to 100mM and to 50mM in ethanol|
Safety and Handling
GHS H Statement
Toxic if swallowed.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes serious eye irritation.
May cause respiratory irritation.
GHS P Statement
Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray.
Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
IF SWALLOWED: Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician.
IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
Store locked up.
Dispose of contents/container in accordance with local/regional/national/international regulations.
DOTInformation : Transport Hazard Class: 6.1; Packing Group: III; Proper Shipping Name: TOXIC SOLIDS, ORGANIC, N.O.S.
RTECSNumber : CY1633700
Recommended Storage : −30° to −10°C