ProDots proteins are R&D Systems industry-leading quality, highly bioactive proteins packaged into easy-to-use lyophilized “dots”. Designed to be stable at 4°C and to dissolve instantly, ProDots proteins can be rolled into cell culture media to quickly produce media with a desired working protein concentration.
ProDots proteins are designed to reduce cell culture media preparation time while ensuring optimal protein recovery and bioactivity. Unlike standard lyophilized protein, which is shipped as a diffuse residue within a vial, ProDots proteins are neatly bundled into the shape of a ball. In this form ProDots proteins can be rolled directly into cell culture media. ProDots proteins rehydrate instantly in media to maximize the recovery of purchased protein and to reliably reconstitute it at a desired concentration for use in cell culture media.The accessible storage and high stability of ProDots proteins makes them ideal for quick and easy preparation of cell culture media.
- Rolls out of the bottle for easy cell culture medium preparation
- Eliminates time spent aliquoting
- One ball of ProDots Activin A protein can be used to make 500mL of 10ng/mL cell culture medium
- Source: Chinese Hamster Ovary cell line, CHO-derived, Gly311-Ser426
- N-terminal Sequence Analysis: Gly311
- SDS-PAGE: 14 kDa, reducing conditions, 24 kDa, non-reducing conditions
- Activity: Measured by its ability to induce hemoglobin expression in K562 human chronic myelogenous leukemia cells. Schwall, R.H. et al. (1991) Method Enzymol. 198:340. The ED50 for this effect is typically 0.2-1.2ng/mL. IGFBP-3 does not inhibt its activity.
Add ProDots proteins directly to the medium or reconstitute in the vial at 100μg/mL in 4mM HCl.