Promega™ Proteasome-GLO™ Cell-Based Assays
The Proteasome-Glo™ Cell-Based Assays are homogeneous, luminescent assays that measure the chymotrypsin-like, trypsin-like and caspase-like protease activities associated with the proteasome complex in cultured cells.
Manufacturer: Promega™ G8761
The luminogenic substrates used to monitor specific protease activities include Suc-LLVY-Glo™ aminoluciferin for chymotrypsin-like, Z-LRR-Glo™ aminoluciferin aminoluciferin for trypsin-like, and Z-nLPnLD-Glo™ aminoluciferin for caspase-like activity. Each luminogenic substrate is added to a buffer system optimized for its specific proteasome activity and luciferase activity. The reagents are added to cells in culture, the proteasome enzyme cleaves the substrates, releasing luciferin, which is consumed by luciferase, producing “glow-type” luminescence correlating to enzyme activity or inhibition.
- More Biologically Relevant Results: Obtain activity data directly from a cellular environment
- Simplified Method: “Add-mix-measure” protocol minimizes handling steps and makes the assays amenable to automation
- Faster Results: Maximum sensitivity is reached 10 to 30 minutes after reagent addition
- Greater Sensitivity: Avoids inherent fluorescent background signals, providing excellent signal-to-background readings
- Miniaturizable: Can be used in 384-well format
Assay system also available separately (Cat. No. PRG1200).
|Proteasome-Glo™ cell-based buffer|
|Proteasome-Glo™ cell-based Buffer, Z-nLPnLD-Glo™ Substrate and Luciferin detection reagent|
|Caspase-like cell-based assay kit|
|Measures Caspase-like Protease activity in cultured cells|
|−30 to −10°C|