Promega™ ProteaseMAX™ Surfactant, Trypsin Enhancer
ProteaseMAX Surfactant, Trypsin Enhancer, enhances the enzymatic performance of Trypsin, Chymotrypsin and Lys-C in digestion reactions.
Manufacturer: Promega™ V2071
ProteaseMAX™ Surfactant ensures fast and efficient protein digestion with proteases such as Trypsin, Chymotrypsin and Lys-C. For in-gel protein digestion, ProteaseMAX™ Surfactant offers time and labor savings. Digestion step is complete in 1 hour, and the surfactant provides concurrent extraction of peptides from gels, eliminating the need for post-digestion peptide extraction. The surfactant also improves recovery of longer peptides that are retained in the gel under a standard extraction protocol. For additional data, refer to scientific posters PS094 and PS099 at the bottom of the page.
For in-solution digestions, ProteaseMAX™ Surfactant solubilizes proteins, including difficult proteins (i.e., membrane proteins), and enhances protein digestion by providing a denaturing environment prior to protease addition.
ProteaseMAX™ Surfactant degrades over the course of a digestion reaction, yielding products that are compatible with downstream methods such as mass spectrometry (MS) and liquid chromatography (LC). No long-term negative effect of the residual surfactant on the ion optics and capillary of mass spectrometers has been observed. ProteaseMAX™ Surfactant can be used with existing in-gel or in-solution digestion protocols.
- No Requirement for Peptide Extraction following In-Gel Digestions: Increase the number of samples processed
- One-Hour Digestion: Save time by avoiding overnight digestions
- Improved Peptide Recovery from Gels: Increase in protein sequence coverage, thus increasing confidence of protein identification
- Enhanced Protein Solubilization: Solubilize complex proteins such as membrane proteins at room temperature, avoiding high temperatures and preventing precipitation
- Self-Degradable: Use directly for mass spectrometry analysis without additional inactivation steps such as heating or acid treatment
|Protein isolation and purification|
|1mg ProteaseMAX™ Surfactant, lyophilized|
|−30 to −10°C|
|ProteaseMAX™ Protein Isolation and Purification|