Promega™ MAO-Glo™ Monoamine Oxidase Assay System
The MAO-Glo™ Assay provides a homogeneous luminescent method for measuring monoamine oxidase activity from recombinant and native sources and for testing the effects of test compounds on MAO activity.
Manufacturer: Promega™ V1402
The assay is performed by incubating the MAO enzyme source with a luminogenic MAO substrate. The substrate of the assay is a derivative of beetle luciferin. Upon reaction with MAO, the derivative is converted into luciferin, which in turn reacts with luciferase to produce light. The amount of light produced is directly proportional to the activity of MAO. After the MAO reaction has been performed, the reconstituted Luciferin Detection Reagent is added. The reagent simultaneously stops the MAO reaction and initiates a stable glow-type luminescent signal with a half-life greater than five hours. This eliminates the need for strictly timed luminescent detection.
- Speed: The luminescence format eliminates the need for time-consuming analyses such as HPLC
- Simplified Method: The simple “add and read” protocol makes the assay amenable to high-throughput screening in multiwell plates, but easily can be adapted for single-tube applications
- Greater Sensitivity: Less MAO enzyme is required in these assays than in typical HPLC or fluorometric methods because of the enhanced sensitivity
- No Fluorescence Interference: Luminescent output eliminates interference from fluorescent test compounds
- Stable Signal: Glow-type luminescence provides a stable signal with a half-life of greater than five hours, eliminating the need for strictly timed luminescent detection
- Complete Solution: The MAO-Glo Assay with MAO-A contains human recombinant monoamine oxidase A enzyme for convenient assessment of the effects of new chemical entities on MAO-A activity
|Provides a homogeneous luminescent method for measuring MAO activity from recombinant and native sources|
|−30 to −10°C|