Promega™ Exonuclease III
Exonuclease III is a 3′ → 5′ exonuclease specific for dsDNA.
Manufacturer: Promega™ M1811
The enzyme catalyzes the stepwise removal of mononucleotides starting from a 3'-OH at nicks, blunt ends, recessed ends and 3'-overhangs of less than four bases, yielding nucleoside 5'-phosphates. Exonuclease III will also degrade DNA from 3'-phosphate ends due to its intrinsic 3'-phosphatase activity. In addition, this enzyme has apurinic endonuclease activity and ribonuclease H activity.
- Flexible—control deletion rate by varying incubation temperature
- May be inactivated by heating to 75°C for 10 minutes
- Used in conjuction with S1 nuclease for unidirectional deletion of sequences from the termini of DNA fragments
- Source: Recombinant E. coli strain
- Provided with 10X Reaction Buffer (660mM Tris-HCl [pH 8.0 at 25°C], 6.6mM MgCl2)
- Concentration: 150–200U/μL
- Unit definition: One unit is defined as the amount of enzyme required to produce 1nmol of acid-soluble nucleotides from double-stranded DNA in 30 minutes at 37°C
Generating nested sets of deletions with double-stranded, linear DNA, preparation of single-stranded DNA
|150 to 200U/μL|
|10X Reaction Buffer: 660mM Tris HCl (pH 8 at 25°C), 6.6mM MgCl2|
|Recombinant E. coli strain|
|20mM Tris HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 1mM DTT, 100mM KCl, 50% Glycerol|
|Generating nested sets of deletions with double-stranded, linear DNA, preparation of single-stranded DNA|
|−30 to −10°C|
Purchase up to $1,000 in Promega™ reagents and get a matching amount of products at no additional cost.
Purchase up to $1,000 in Promega reagents and get a matching amount of products at no additional cost.