Promega™ CytoTox-ONE™ Homogeneous Membrane Integrity Assay
A fast homogeneous, fluorometric method for estimating the number of non-viable cells present in multiwell plates. Based on detection of LDH release, an indicator of cytotoxicity.
Manufacturer: Promega™ G7890
Cell viability is most often defined based on the integrity of the cell membrane. Measuring leakage of components from the cytoplasm into the surrounding culture medium is widely accepted as a valid method to estimate the number of nonviable cells.
- Rapidly measures the release of lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) from cells with a damaged membrane, while leaving cells intact
- Assay can be completed in a single 96- or 384-well plate without separating cells from supernatant
- Enables multiple homogeneous cell-based assays to be performed on a single sample
- Versatile protocol allows assays to be read over several hours or after 10-minute incubation
- HTP Assay offers convenient, alternate packaging for processing multiple plates; each bottle of reagent is sufficient to perform 500 assays in a 96-well format or 2000 assays in a 384-well format
Cytotoxicity determination; total cell number determination
|200 to 800 Assays|
|For cytotoxicity determination, total cell number determination, measures release of Lactate Dehydrogenase|
|−30 to −10°C|
|For 96 or 384-well plates|
|Homogeneous Membrane Integrity Assay|
U.S. Pat. Nos. 6,982,152 and 7,282,348, Australian Pat. No. 2003223521 and other patents pending.