Promega™ BacTiter-Glo™ Microbial Cell Viability Assay Kit
The BacTiter-Glo™ Microbial Cell Viability Assay is a homogeneous method for determining the number of viable microbial cells in culture based on quantitation of the ATP present.
Manufacturer: Promega™ G8230
“Add-mix-measure” format utilizes a single reagent that causes cell lysis and generation of a luminescent signal after direct addition to bacterial cells cultured in medium. The luminescent signal is proportional to the amount of ATP present, which is directly proportional to the number of viable cells in culture.
- Generates a stable, “glow-type” luminescent signal with a half-life generally over 30 minutes
- Detects ATP from as few as 10 bacterial cells
- Produces results quickly—data can be recorded in five minutes or less after reagent addition
- Requires fewer handling steps than other ATP assays, making the kit ideal for automation
- Compatible for use with 96- or 384-well plates
U.S. Patent 6,602,677, Australian Patent 754312 and other patents pending.
The method of recombinant expression of Coleoptera luciferase is covered by U.S. Patents 5,583,024; 5,674,713; and 5,700,673.
|For 96 or 384-well plates|
|100 Assays at 100μL/assay in 96-well plates, 400 assays at 25μL/assay in 384-well plates|
|−30 to −10°C|
|For examining antimicrobial compound activity, screening antimicrobial compounds, examining bacterial growth with extended sensitivity and range, rapid bacterial quantitation, rapid ATP detection|