Promega™ AMV Reverse Transcriptase
AMV RT catalyzes DNA polymerization using template DNA, RNA or RNA:DNA hybrids.
Manufacturer: Promega™ M9004
- Ideal for first- and second-strand synthesis of cDNA, primer extensions and RNA sequencing, preparation of labeled hybridization probes, and RT-PCR
- Well suited for templates with high secondary structures due to its stability at higher reaction temperatures (37° to 58°C)
- Requires a primer and Mg2+ or Mn2+ for activity
- Possesses an intrinsic RNase H activity, but is free of contaminating DNases and RNases
- Stabilized in vitro by nonionic detergents and sulfhydryl compounds
Provided buffer is not compatible with RT-PCR; for RT-PCR, Reverse Transcription 10X Buffer (Mfr. No. A3561) should be used in combination with MgCl2 (Mfr. No. A3511).
|20 to 25U/μL|
|Potassium Phosphate (pH 7.2 at °C) 200mM, 0.2% Triton™ X-100, DTT 2mM and Glycerol 50%|
|1 x 500μL 5X reaction buffer|
|First and second strand synthesis of cDNA, primer extensions and RNA sequencing|
|Avian Myeloblastosis Virus|
|−30 to −10°C|
|AMV Reverse Transcriptase (HC)|