Potassium Hydroxide, in Methanol, Certified, 0.1000N ±0.0005N (0.1M) , LabChem™
Manufacturer: Lab Chem LC195004
|0.1000N ±0.0005N (0.1M)|
|Soluble in water|
|Traceable to NIST|
|Potassium Hydroxide, in Methanol|
Safety and Handling
GHS H Statement
Highly flammable liquid and vapor.
Toxic if swallowed, in contact with skin or if inhaled.
Causes skin irritation.
Causes serious eye irritation.
Causes damage to organs (central nervous system, optic nerve, liver, kidneys) (dermal, oral).
GHS P Statement
Keep away from heat, sparks, open flames, hot surfaces.
Keep container tightly closed.
Ground/bond container and receiving equipment.
Use explosion-proof electrical, ventilating, lighting equipment.
Use only non-sparking tools.
Take precautionary measures against static discharge.
Do not breathe mist, vapors, spray.
Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product.
Use only outdoors or in a well-ventilated area.
Wear protective gloves, protective clothing, eye protection, face protection.
Wash exposed skin thoroughly after handling.
If swallowed: Rinse mouth.
Immediately call a poison center or doctor.
If on skin (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all contaminated clothing.
Rinse skin with water/shower.
If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
Wash contaminated clothing before reuse.
If inhaled: Remove person to fresh air and keep comfortable for breathing.
Call a poison center/doctor.
If in eyes: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes.
Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do.
If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
In case of fire: Use carbon dioxide (CO2), powder, alcohol-resistant foam to extinguish.
Store locked up in a cool, well-ventilated place.
Dispose of contents/container to comply with local, state and federal regulations.