Thermo Scientific™ Pierce™ Protein G UltraLink™ Resin
Extremely durable polyacrylamide support with immobilized, recombinant Protein G for various IgG purification methods.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ PI53125
Thermo Scientific™ Pierce Protein G UltraLink Resin is an extremely durable beaded polyacrylamide support to which recombinant Protein G has been immobilized for use in IgG purification methods.The Protein G UltraLink Resin is used to bind and purify IgG in gravity-flow, spin-column or medium-pressure chromatography methods. Protein G is a popular antibody-binding protein that is especially useful for affinity purification of IgG from mouse, human and rat serum.
UltraLink Resin is an azlactone-activated polyacrylamide support that is hydrophilic, charge-free, high capacity, highly crosslinked, rigid and porous. This support is especially useful for medium pressure techniques when using large sample volumes requiring fast-flow techniques (FPLC) and large-scale applications. Unlike typical beaded agarose supports, UltraLink Support does not crush or collapse when subjected to high flow rates that result in pressures exceeding 25psi.
Immobilized Protein G – specifically binds IgG from several mammalian species, especially all isotypes of IgG from human, mouse and rat
Standard capacity – loading of immobilized Protein G provides a binding capacity of approx. 20mg human IgG per milliliter of resin
UltraLink Resin – acrylamide-based support provides an alternative to crosslinked beaded agarose supports for medium pressure applications
Properties of Thermo Scientific UltraLink Resin:
- Support pH Stability: 1 to 13
- Average Particle Size: 50 to 80 microns
- Exclusion Limit: greater than 2,000,000 daltons
- Average Surface Area: greater than 250m2 per gram of beads
- Average Pore Volume: greater than 1.2mL per gram of beads (> 60% of bead volume)
- Pore Size: 500 to 1000 angstroms (50 to 100nm)
- Maximum Linear Velocity: 3000cm per hour
- Maximum Pressure: 100psi (6.9 bar), defined as the maximum pressure drop across a column that the resin can withstand (Note: The indicated gauge pressure of a liquid chromatography apparatus may be measuring the total system pressure rather than the pressure drop across the column.)
|Pierce Protein G UltraLink Resin|
|Protein G on UltraLink Resin, slurried in water with sodium azide|
|Binding 20mg human IgG/mL resin|