CBS Scientific PCR Workstations — Dead Air Boxes
Protect against contamination in sensitive PCR amplification reactions.
Manufacturer: CBS Scientific P04802
Three sizes offer plenty of workspace for reaction supplies and thermal cycler.
- UV irradiation of working area prior to use blocks replication of contaminating DNA sequences by causing adjacent pyrimidines to undergo dimerization
- Protects against cross- or airborne contamination by limiting exposure of experimental setup to open lab environment
- Dual UV bulbs deliver twice the UV intensity compared to single bulbs, helping irradiate areas that might otherwise be inaccessible; useful when workstation is used to decontaminate apparatus and reagents
- Access doors close to prevent contamination, then slide into storage compartment in base during use
- Stainless-steel ceiling increases UV dose at workstation surface; results in a 10% increase in UV dose with single bulb and 20% with dual UV bulb
- Hinged-glass fascia allows easy access to interior workspace for cleaning and placement of large instruments
- Dual fluorescent lamps ensure excellent workspace visibility
- 254mm UV lamp with convenient switch for timed decontamination of workspace
|Protect against contamination in sensitive PCR amplification reactions|
|Single UV, two fluorescent bulbs|
|Fluorescent and UV|