Parafilm™ M Wrapping Film
Efficient and cost-effective covering for test tubes, beakers, vials, petri dishes, flasks, and various other instruments and objects with irregular surfaces.
Manufacturer: Fisher Scientific ACAPM992CS24
- Protect the integrity of research applications with a tight moisture-barrier that holds a strong seal and doesn’t release from glassware, despite off-gassing.
- Reduce the risk of tampered data with a covering that is odorless, colorless and semi-transparent.
- Prevents moisture and volume loss due to material composition and tight seal.
- Flexible and self-sealing material allows it to cling around irregular shapes and surfaces.
- Stretches more than 200% of original length.
- Resistant up to 48 hours against many polar substances such as saline solutions, inorganic acids and alkaline solutions.
- Oxygen: (ASTM 1927-98) 150 cc/m² d at 23°C and 50% RH
- Carbon Dioxide: (Modulated IR Method) 1200 cc/m² d at 23°C and 0% RH
- Water Vapor: (ASTM F1249-01)
- Flat: 1 g/m² d at 38°C and 90% RH
- Creased: 1 g/m² d at 38°C and 90% RH
Effects of Common Reagents
- Potassium Permanganate
- 5%: No apparent effect except permanent dark brown coloration in 18 hours
- 0.1%: Same as 5% except slightly less color
- Iodine solution (0.1N)
- No effect except staining brown in 18 hours
- Ethyl Alcohol (95%)
- No apparent effect except some face whitening in 24 hours
- No apparent effect in 24 hours:
- Hydrochloric Acid conc. (12N) dil. (5n)
- Sulphuric Acid conc. (36n) dil. (5n)
- Nitric Acid conc. (16n) dil. (5n)
- Sodium Hydroxide conc. (22%)
- Ammonium Hydroxide conc. (28% NH3)
- Salt (NACL) solution (20%)
- Isopropyl Alcohol (99%)
- Not recommended for use with chlorinated, non-polar aliphatic and aromatic solvents
- Film becomes soft and sticky at about 130°F to 150°F (68°C)
|Efficient and cost-effective covering, over wrap to further secure stoppers, lids, and caps, and shelf or tray liner to prevent slipping of bottles or instruments.|