Oakton™ Temperature Controllers
Provide excellent control, accuracy, and power capabilities.
Manufacturer: Oakton™ 8500018
Ideal for pilot process plants, R & D labs, and OEM requirements.
- Controllers accept J, K, T, E, N, B, R, and S thermocouple-type probes with miniconnectors Advanced controller also accepts 400 Series thermistor probes with 1/4 in. (6.3mm) phono plug and RTD probes with 3-pin connectors
- Improves accuracy by compensating for individual probe error Resolution is 0.1°C below 999.9°C and 1°C above 999.9°C Accuracy: for Type J, K, T, E, and N probes, ±0.1% of reading, ±0.4°C (±0.7°F) above -100°C (-248°F) or ±0.1% of reading, ±1°C (±1.8°F) below -100°C (-248°F); for Type R, S and B probes, ±0.1% of reading, ±1°C (±1.8°F); for thermistor and RTD probes, ±0.1% of reading, ±0.4°C (±0.7°F)
- Two-line alphanumeric display of set-up and operational parameters Set temperatures using Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin, or Rankine scales Alarms are fully programmable with adjustable hysteresis and audible alarm option Choose from alarms off; manual reset; or automatic reset Process alarms trigger if temperature goes outside a set range and can be set for HIGH, LOW, or HIGH/LOW modes Deviation alarms trigger if temperature deviates from a single setpoint and can be set for HIGH, LOW, HIGH/LOW, or BAND modes Advanced controller includes SPDT alarm relay to set a circuit to either open or close when triggered
- Fail-safe operation with adjustable overtemperature shutdown and loop break cutoff Output power to load device automatically shuts down if sensor or control loop breaks If overtemperature setpoint is exceeded, system shuts down automatically Output power receptacle fused separately for added safety Nonvolatile memory protects set-up parameters and saves parameters if power is lost
- Maximum heater output is 115/230V, 10A, 1150/2300w Select from ON/OFF, AUTOTUNE for standard proportional integral derivative (PID) applications
- Programmable PID for nonstandard PID applications
- All the standard controller's features plus higher heater output capacity of 115/230V, 15A, 1725/3450w, up to nine programmable ramp and soak profiles, bidirectional RS-232-C computer interface, and a Windows™ software program† Features an isolated 4 to 20mA output, scalable for positive or negative slope, 250ohm resistor for conversion to a 1 to 5V output signal, and an output connector
Controllers are available in 115V (with 6 ft. long power cord) or 230V (with a European-style power cord set and power output connector). Dimensions: 10L × 7 3/8W × 3 3/4 in.H (25 × 18.5 × 9.4cm).
|Pilot process plants, R and D labs and OEM requirements|
|Meter with Probe and NIST Certificate|
|J, K, T, E, N, B, R and S probes|