Thermo Scientific™ Nalgene™ Polypropylene, Carboy with Spigot
For Use With: Long-term storage, and dispensing solutions and media; Autoclavable; Closure Material: Polypropylene; Color: White
Supplier: Thermo Scientific™ 23190020
Store and dispense solutions and media using Thermo Scientific™ Nalgene™ Autoclavable Polypropylene Carboys. These rugged carboys feature a spigot boss molded into the carboy for convenience and strength and shoulder handles molded in one piece with the carboy for ultimate strength and reliability. Nalgene polypropylene carboys can be autoclaved before refilling to eliminate bacterial growth when storing sterile solutions. Made only from high quality, laboratory-grade plastic materials for dependably low leachables and extractables.
- Molded-in graduations in 1 gal. and 5L increments for ease in dispensing
- Integral shoulder handles make lifting comfortable
- Ideal for storing and dispensing solutions and media and can be autoclaved before refilling to eliminate bacterial growth
- Molded-in spigot boss provides strength and leak resistance
Polypropylene screw cap
- Containers can be used for long-term storage, but direct UV exposure should be avoided
- Neck accepts No. 13.5 rubber stopper
- Spigot closure included.
- Follow product insert instructions for autoclaving to ensure proper function
- The tubing adaptor is not autoclavable
|Carboy with Spigot|
|Molded-in graduations in 1 gal. and 5 L increments|
|Integral shoulder handles, Molded-in spigot boss|
|Autocavable Carboy w/Spigot|
|Long-term storage, and dispensing solutions and media|
† The term “leakproof” applies to Thermo Scientific Nalgene products that meet the following criteria: a) Bottle/flask/funnel closure systems with closures smaller than 100mm, after they are filled with water, inverted, withstand air pressure of 2psig for 2 minutes, and no water escapes;. b) Bottle/funnel/flask closure systems of larger than 100mm after they are filled with water, inverted for 15 minutes, and no water escapes. Note: these tests, using other liquids, may not yield the same results. To ensure safe usage, customers are advised to test Thermo Scientific Nalgene bottles and closures under conditions of their planned applications. Thermo Scientific Nalgene products are leakproof at ambient temperature and pressure when used with their Nalgene closures.