MSA™ HAZMATCAD™ Hazardous Material Chemical Agent Detectors
Easy-to-use, reliable detectors for first responders
Manufacturer: MSA™ 10055096
Lightweight, portable detectors screen and classify a broad range of chemical threats including chemical warfare agents and selected toxic industrial chemicals (TICs). These detectors utilize miniaturized Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) technology with innovative sample collector to display and alarm for presence of hydrogen cyanide, nerve gas, blister agents, or phosgene.
• Rugged, compact and lightweight construction with special inlet design to protect against dust and particulate
• Simple, intuitive user interface is easy to use without prior training, allowing rapid field deployment and operation in a level A environment
• A single key press begins automatic sampling and analysis
• Audible and visual alarm messages provide clear and simple alarm condition display
• Offers self-diagnostic check during rapid warm-up, alphanumeric display with LED alarms and 8-12 hour operation with rechargeable lithium ion batteries
• Vapor diffusion check source verifies system performance
• RS 232 and IrDA communication ports store up to eight hours of data
• HAZMATCAD Plus unit adds electrochemical sensor arrays to detect an additional four classes of toxic industrial chemicals (phosgene, hydrogen cyanide, halogen and hydride gases)
Dimensions: 2.3 × 7.9 × 9.8 in. (5.8 × 20 × 24.9cm). Weight (with batteries): 50 oz. (1.4kg).
Both detectors supplied with RS-232 data cable, software, 8-hour datalogger, belt clip arm band, rubber boot, two long-life lithium ion rechargeable batteries, battery charger, vapor check source, a waterproof carrying case, one-year warranty, and user manual.
|Detector, Blister Agents, phosgene|
|0° to 40°C|
|Screen and classify a broad range of chemical threats including chemical warfare agents and selected toxic industrial chemicals (TICs)|
|HAZMATCAD Detector for Nerve Gas|
|8 to 12 hr.|
|32° to 105°F|
|2.3 x 2.5 x 7.8 in. (5.84 x 6.35 x 19.81cm)|