MP Biomedicals™ Hyaluronidase, Ovine testes
Source: Ovine Testes
Manufacturer: MP Biomedicals™ 15127480
Hyaluronidase catalyzes the random hydrolysis of 1,4-linkages between 2-acetamido-
2-deoxy- b-D-glucose and D-glucose residues in hyaluronate.
- CAS # : 37326-33-3
- Synonyms: Hyaluronate 4-glycanohydrolase; hyaluronate lyase; hyaluronoglucosaminidase; E.C. 188.8.131.52
- Physical Description: Off white crystalline powder
- Unit Definition: That amount of enzyme causing the same turbidity reduction as the International Unit (I.U.) as compared with the international standard.
- Molecular weight: Borders and Raftery (1968) reported a molecular weight of 61,000. Khorlin, et. al.(1973) report four subunits of 14,000 each and a total molecular weight of 55,000.
- Solubility: Dissolves readily at 5mg/mL in 0.02M sodium phosphate/0.45% sodium chloride/NaOH/0.01% BSA pH 6.9 to give a clear colorless solution .
- Optimum pH: 4.5 - 6 (DeSalequi et al. 1967).
- Extinction coefficient: = approximately 8.
- Inhibitors: Fe2+ and Fe3+ are inhibitory as are Mn2+ and Cu2+(Warren et al. 1962).
- Specificity: Testicular hyaluronidase hydrolyzes the endo-N-acetylhexosaminic bonds of hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfuric acids A and C (but not B), primarily to tetrasaccharide residues (Ludowieg et al. 1961). Monosaccharides are not liberated (Rappaport et al. 1951).
- Stabilizers: Yang and Srivastav (1975) report that sodium chloride acts as a stabilizer .
|Fe2+ and Fe3+ are inhibitory as are Mn2+ and Cu2+|
|4.5 to 6|
|Drug dispersion and delivery|