This ready-to-use construct is transduced/transfected into cells using BacMam 2.0 technology, where it expresses GFP fused to human tubulin. You can observe tubulin-GFP behavior in live cells using a fluorescent imaging system and standard FITC/GFP filter set. Study dynamic action of tubulin filaments in live cells with almost no cytotoxicity. In addition, you can co-transduce/transfect more than one CellLight reagent and label live cells with multiple tracking or tracing dyes to image dynamic cellular processes. Cells expressing CellLight constructs can also be fixed with formaldehyde for multiplexing with antibodies using immunocytochemical techniques.
CellLight Tubulin-GFP, BacMam 2.0, is a fusion construct of human tubulin and emGFP, providing accurate and specific targeting to cellular tubulin-GFP. This fusion construct is packaged in the insect virus baculovirus, which does not replicate in human cells and is designated as safe to use with biosafety level (BSL) 1 in most laboratories. BacMam technology ensures that most mammalian cell types are transduced/transfected with high efficiency and minimal toxicity. This transient transfection can be detected after overnight incubation for up to five days—enough time to carry out most dynamic cellular analyses. Like any transfection/transduction technique, the BacMam method does not transfect/transduce all of the cells with equal efficiency, making it poorly suited to cellular population studies or automated imaging/counting. CellLight reagents are ideal for experiments where cellular or subcellular co-locatization is required, or for cellular function studies that need special resolution.
- Highly efficient: up to 90% transduction of wide range of mammalian cell lines, including primary cells, stem cells, and neurons
- Fast and convenient: simply add CellLight reagent to cells, incubate overnight, and image—or store frozen, assay-ready cells for later use
- Less toxic: CellLight reagents are non-replicating in mammalian cells and are suitable for biosafety level (BSL) 1 handling
- Flexible: co-transduce more than one BacMam reagent for multiplex experiments or co-localization studies; tightly control expression levels by simply varying the dose
- Flow Cytometer Laser Lines: 488
Cell Analysis, Cell Structure, Cell Viability, Proliferation & Function, Cellular Imaging, Chemotaxis & Cell Migration, Cytoskeleton, Immunocytochemistry (ICC), Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunofluorescence Staining & Detection
Shipping Condition: Wet Ice
|Attune™ Acoustic Focusing Cytometer, Confocal Microscope, Floid™ Cell Imaging System, Fluorescence Microscope, Microscope|