Applied Biosystems™ MagMAX™ Plant RNA Isolation Kit
The MagMAX Plant RNA Isolation Kit is designed for automated high-throughput or manual purification of total RNA from wide variety of plant species and tissue types.
Supplier: Applied Biosystems™ A33899
- The MagMAX Plant RNA Isolation Kit is designed for automated high-throughput or manual purification of total RNA from wide variety of plant species and tissue types.
- It utilizes paramagnetic bead technology, enabling high yields and robust performance. The high binding capacity, uniform particle size, and rapid magnetic response of MagMAX magnetic beads makes the technology ideal for high-throughput automatic nucleic acid purification, as well as for manual nucleic acid purification by low- throughput users.
- The resulting high quality purified RNA is free of proteins, nucleases, and other contaminants or inhibitors, and can be used in a wide range of downstream applications, such as RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, and other enzymatic reactions.
- Versatile—suitable for any plant type and part, including woody, polyphenol-rich, and lignified samples
- High yields of pure total RNA
- High quality—isolates intact total RNA, free of inhibitors and gDNA contamination. Isolated
- Flexible—easily adjustable for high-throughput automation platforms and manual processing
- The MagMAX Plant RNA Isolation Kit is designed for fast extraction of high purity RNA suitable for all conventional molecular biology applications, including: RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, Northern blotting, Nuclease protection assay
- The magnetic bead–based purification format of the kit allows for easy scaling of the number of samples processed either manually with a magnetic stand or with a magnetic particle processor such as the KingFisher Duo Prime or KingFisher Flex processors.
- Magnetic beads offer many benefits compared to other technologies for isolating nucleic acids. Beads bind the RNA and DNA more efficiently than glass fiber filters, resulting in higher and more consistent yields. Additionally, because filters and vacuum manifolds are not used, there is no risk of undigested tissue particulates clogging these items during the extraction process.
- This clogging issue is of particular concern with fibrous plant tissue samples that that are not fully lysed during the disruption and homogenization steps.
- The Dynabeads MyOne Carboxylic Acid utilized in the MagMAX Plant RNA Isolation Kit has an optimized surface chemistry with high specific surface area that allows efficient kinetics and high sensitivity in nucleic acid capture.
- These aspects make Dynabeads magnetic technology ideal for the recovery of the RNA targets found in a variety of plant samples. Once captured, the RNA is then eluted in 100 µL and ready for downstream applications.
|• 4 x 60 mL lysis buffer, store at room temperature
• 4 vials Dnase I (lyophilized), store at -5 to -30°C after reconsitution
• 4 x 1 mL DNase I reconstitution buffer (to be added to DNase I vial)
• 12 x 1 mL manganese chloride solution, store at -5 to -30°C
• 8 x 1.4 mL RNA binding beads, store at 2–8°C
• 4 x 12 mL DNase I buffer (2X), store at -20±5°C
• 4 x 110 mL Wash Solution 1 concentrate, store at room temperature
• 4 x 50 mL Wash Solution 2 concentrate, store at room temperature
• 4 x 20 mL rebinding buffer, store at room temperature
• 4 x 30 mL elution buffer, store at room temperature
|High-throughput Compatible, Manual Protocols, Automated Protocols|
|Sequencing, RT-PCR (Endpoint), Real-Time PCR|