Lyle and Louise: Bad Impressions™ Bite Marks Analysis
Introduces forensic odontology and the techniques used for bite mark analysis.
Manufacturer: Fisher Scientific VXH10110
A bite mark found on John Wayne Gretzky's arm during the car crash investigation casts suspicion of wrongdoing. Students conduct bite mark analysis to determine if the bite mark comes from a murder victim.
- Students take casts of their own teeth in soft wax and identify their bite pattern
- Using the techniques presented, they develop their own personal set of objective criteria for bite mark analysis
- With these criteria, they compare wax casts of the victims with a photo of the bite mark on John Wayne's arm to determine if it could have been made by any of the victims
- Class size: six groups of up to five students per group
- For high school and undergraduate courses
- Meets National Science Education Standards
|Meets National Science Education Standards|
|For teaching bite mark analysis procedures|
|Mystery Of Lyle And Louise: Bad Impressions™ Bite Marks Analysis Forensic Science Curriculum Kit|
|6 photos of bite mark, 60 pieces of base plate wax, 12 pieces of evidence wax, 6 evidence labels, 6 protractors, teaching manual|
|Zipper bags (optional), lab gloves (optional)|