Invitrogen™ Countess™ II Automated Cell Counter
Count live and dead cells and measure viability in as little as 10 seconds
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ LSAMQAX1000
The new Countess™ II Automated Cell Counter is a benchtop assay platform equipped with state-of-the-art optics, full autofocus, and image analysis software for rapid assessment of cells in suspension.
- Accurate—use the Countess II Automated Cell Counter to eliminate the subjectivity of manual cell counting and user-to-user variability
- Fast—the Countess II Automated Cell Counter provides a total cell count, reports viability, and measures average cell size in as little as 10 seconds
- Convenient—the Countess II Automated Cell Counter requires no cleaning or routine maintenance. A capacitive touchscreen and simple user interface provides quick startup and requires minimal training.
The Countess II Automated Cell Counter comes with:
- Countess USB drive for storing and transferring data to your computer
- Disposable slide holder
- Power cord and 4 plug adaptors to accommodate most countries
- Quick reference card (QRC)
- A free box of 50 disposable slides
The Countess II Automated Cell Counter works in 3 simple steps:
- Mix 10µL of sample with 10µL of trypan blue and pipet into a disposable Countess chamber slide.
- Insert the slide into the instrument.
- Press the “Count” button.
Get accurate cell counts
The Countess II Automated Cell Counter uses trypan blue staining combined with an auto-focus mechanism and sophisticated image analysis algorithm to obtain accurate cell and viability counts. The measurement range extends from 1 x 10e4 to 1 x 10e7 cells/mL (the optimal range is 1 x 10e5 to 4 x 10e6 cells/mL), which is broader than that of a hemocytometer. The optimal cell size for accurate viability assessment is 7–60 µm, while particles as small as 4 µm can be successfully counted.
Transfer data and images to your PC
Using the USB port on the Countess II Automated Cell Counter, you can save your cell count results and images, and then transfer them to your PC. (For your convenience, a USB drive is supplied with the Countess II instrument).
Countess Cell Counting Chamber Slides available separately.
|One 2-chamber disposable slide|
|Countess USB drive for storing and transferring data to your computer, Disposable slide holder, Power cord and 4 plug adaptors to accommodate most countries, Quick reference card (QRC), A free box of 50 disposable slides|
|Cell Size: 4-60 µm (detection), 7-60 µm (viability)|
|Automated Cell Counter|
|7' Capacitive touch screen|
|Cell Counting, Viability and Cryopreservation|
For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.