Thermo Scientific™ Klenow Fragment, exo-
Klenow Fragment, exo- is the large fragment of DNA polymerase I. Exhibits 5'→3' polymerase activity, but lacks the 3'→5' and 5'→3' exonuclease activities.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ EP0422
Klenow Fragment, exo-, is the large fragment of DNA polymerase I . It exhibits 5'→3' polymerase activity, but lacks the 3'→5' and 5'→3' exonuclease activities of DNA Polymerase I. The 3'→5' exonuclease activity of the enzyme is eliminated by mutations in the 3'→5'-exonuclease active sit.
- Lacks 3'→5' exonuclease activity
- Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., Cy3-, Cy5-, fluorescein-, rhodamine-, aminoallyl-, biotin-labeled nucleotides)
- Active in restriction enzyme, PCR, and RT buffers
- Random-primed DNA labeling
- Labeling by fill-in 5'-overhangs of dsDNA
- Strand displacement amplification (SDA)
- DNA sequencing by the Sanger method
Klenow Fragment, exo- is not recommended for DNA blunting reactions prior to DNA ligation since it frequently adds one or more extra nucleotides to the 3'-terminus of blunt-end DNA substrates in a non-template directed fashion
|E.coli cells with a cloned DNA fragment of the mutated polA gene|
|metal chelators, PPi, Pi (at high concentrations) (7)|