Thermo Scientific™ Kanamycin sulfate
Kanamycin sulfate, CAS # 25389-94-0, is an aminoglycoside sulfate salt with antibacterial activity.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ AC450811000
This Thermo Scientific brand product was originally part of the Acros Organics product portfolio. Some documentation and label information may refer to the legacy brand. The original Acros Organics product / item code or SKU reference has not changed as a part of the brand transition to Thermo Scientific.
- Kanamycin sulfate is the sulfate salt form of kanamycin A
- It was isolated from Streptomyces kanamyceticus
- This compound inhibits translocation during protein biosynthesis. It binds to the 30S ribosomal subunit, causing misreading of the mRNA sequence
- Kanamycin sulfate shows antibacterial activity. It is effective against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, as well as Mycoplasma species
- This compound is also involved in translating prokaryotic ribosomes
- In molecular biology experiments, it is commonly used to select and isolate transformants expressing the kanamycin resistance gene, and plants that have the NPT II (APH3) gene incorporated
|Solubility in water: soluble.|
RUO – Research Use Only