Invitrogen™ Platinum™ SuperScript™ One-Step RT-PCR System for Long Templates
Amplifies RNA targets up to 9.0kb
Manufacturer: Invitrogen™ LS11922010
The SuperScript One-Step RT-PCR for Long Templates is designed for the convenient, sensitive, and reproducible detection and analysis of RNA molecules by one-step RT-PCR. Both cDNA synthesis and PCR are performed in a single tube using gene-specific primers and specific target RNAs from either total RNA or mRNA. Due to the high fidelity of the DNA polymerase blend in the enzyme mix, this kit can also be used for one-step cloning of genes.
- Using the SuperScript One-Step System The system consists of two major components: SuperScript II RT/Platinum Taq Hi Fi Mix and 2X Reaction Mix
- The enzyme mix is a mixture of SuperScript II Reverse Transcriptase, which provides reduced RNase H activity and increased thermal stability, and Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase High Fidelity, which is a blend of recombinant Taq DNA polymerase and the proofreading enzyme Pyrococcus species GB-D thermostable polymerase
- The Taq DNA polymerase in the blend is complexed with a proprietary antibody that inhibits enzyme activity at ambient temperatures. Activity is regained after the denaturation step in PCR cycling at 94°C, providing an automatic “hot start” for Taq DNA polymerase in PCR. Hot starts in PCR provide increased sensitivity, specificity, and yield, while allowing assembly of reactions at ambient temperatures
- The 2X Reaction Mix consists of a proprietary buffer system optimized for reverse transcription and PCR amplification, Mg2+ optimized for universal use, deoxyribonucleotide triphosphates, and stabilizers
- This convenient 2X format allows further addition of template and primer at any desired concentration. Sufficient reagents are provided for 100 amplification reactions of 50μL each
- Final product size: 9kb or less
One-Step RT-PCR, PCR & Real-Time PCR, RT-PCR, Reverse Transcription
|25μL SuperScript II RT/Platinum Taq DNA Polymerase high-fidelity mix; 1.25mL 2X reaction mix; 500μL 5mM magnesium sulfate|
|Store at -20deg.C|
|RT-PCR with Long Templates|
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.