Thermo Scientific™ Imject™ Maleimide-Activated Ovalbumin
Prepare hapten-carrier conjugates to generate antibodies against cysteine-containing peptides and other thiolated antigens using this sulfhydryl-reactive ovalbumin protein.
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ PI77126
Thermo Scientific™ Imject Maleimide-Activated Ovalbumin is sulfhydryl-reactive ovalbumin (OVA) for hapten-carrier conjugation with cysteine-containing peptides and other thiolated antigens.Purified, carrier-grade ovalbumin has been modified with SMCC crosslinker to attach maleimide groups capable of forming covalent crosslinks with sulfhydryl (-SH) moieties on cysteine residues of peptides and other molecules. Immunogens are easily prepared from peptide antigens that have been engineered with a terminal cysteine residue as a precise conjugation point. Several antigen molecules can be attached per carrier protein molecule without blocking intended epitopes by crosslinking to primary amines or carboxylates within the peptide sequence.
- Maleimide-Activated Ovalbumin, supplied lyophilized in PBS (pH 7.2) with stabilizer
- Activated with 5 to 15 moles of maleimide per mole of ovalbumin
- Ideal for conjugating cysteine-containing peptide antigens to make immunogen or screening target
- Conjugation reaction complete in 2 hours; results in stable, covalent thioether bonds
- Single polypeptide protein with molecular mass of 45,000 daltons
- Contains 14 aspartic acid and 33 glutamic acid residues whose carboxyl groups account for the net negative charge (pI 4.63) of OVA
- Not as immunogenic as keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) but more soluble in DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) for applications that require this solvent
- Useful as an irrelevant protein carrier for antibody screening and immunoassays after using KLH as the carrier protein to generate the immune response against the hapten
|Imject Maleimide-Activated Ovalbumin|
|Activated protein lyophilized in PBS (pH 7.2) with stabilizer|
|1 conjugation reaction with up to 2mg sulfhydryl-containing peptide|