Designed for companies looking for an accurate, easy-to-use, non-instrument based hygiene surface test.
SpotCheck offers an inexpensive way to monitor the effectiveness of cleaning programs. SpotCheck can detect the presence of glucose in 60 seconds or less. Glucose is present in 85% of food items. Left on contact surfaces, food residues provide nutrients for bacterial growth which could lead to dangerous contamination and a diminished shelf life. A quick color change from clear to green of the self-contained reagent indicates that glucose residue is present and corrective action should be taken.
SpotCheck Plus detects trace amounts of glucose and lactose on surfaces. Simply swab a surface, release the reagent and if any residue containing glucose and/or lactose is present the reagent will turn green, providing a semi-quantitative measure of the surface hygiene. The more contamination present, the quicker the color change and darker the color. SpotCheck Plus instantly validates the hygiene of a surface, allowing immediate corrective action to be taken if necessary.
- Results in under 60 seconds
- Patented Snap-Valve™ technology and premoistened swab bud
- Write-on swab tube label
- Sensitive detection comparable to ATP systems
- Results color chart printed on label for easy interpretation
- No instrumentation required
- Quick and easy way to monitor HACCP/SSOP program
- Instant results allow for immediate corrective action
- No technical training required
- 12 months at refrigerated temperatures (2-8°C)
- 4 weeks room temperature (21-25°C)
- SpotCheck detects residual glucose— a component of 80% of foods and beverages; not for use with dairy products
- SpotCheck Plus detects both residual glucose and lactose in most foods and beverages as well as in dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt; ideal for hygiene monitoring in the dairy industry.