Gibco™ MEM α, nucleosides, GlutaMAX™ Supplement
Minimum Essential Medium is widely used for mammalian cell culture as well as selection for transfected DHFR negative cells
Manufacturer: Gibco™ LS32571036
MEM α can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including keratinocytes, primary rat astrocytes, and human melanoma cells.
- Gibco MEM α is modification of Minimum Essential Medium (MEM) that contains non-essential amino acids, sodium pyruvate, lipoic acid, vitamin B12, biotin, and ascorbic acid
- Aailable without nucleosides for use as selection medium for DG44 and other DHFR negative cells
- Gibco MEM α with GlutaMAX supplement minimizes toxic ammonia build-up and improves cell viability and growth in easy-to-use format
- Modified as follows: with ribonucleosides, deoxyribonucleosides, phenol red, GlutaMAX™
- Made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
|Standard Serum Supplementation|
Product Intended Use: For in vitro diagnostic use. CAUTION: Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law.