MEM can be used with a variety of suspension and adherent mammalian cells, including HeLa, BHK-21, 293, HEP-2, HT-1080, MCF-7, fibroblasts, and primary rat astrocytes. Gibco MEM, developed by Harry Eagle, was based on his earlier formulation of Basal Medium Eagle (BME). Many other modifications of MEM followed, including Glasgow's MEM, MEM α, DMEM, and Temin's Modification.
- Modified as follows: with phenol red; without L-glutamine, HEPES
- Available with Earle's salts for use in CO2 incubator, or with Hank's salts for use without CO2
- Made with Earle's salts
- Contains no proteins, lipids, or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (2.2g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
Shipping Condition: Room Temperature
This product(s) resides on a Fisher Scientific GSA or VA contract. If you are viewing this page as a nonregistered user, the price(s) displayed is List Price. To view your GSA or VA contract pricing, log in using your account number, or become a registered user by contacting one of our Customer Service teams. You can also view your contract price by searching for this item(s) on GSA Advantage. To place an order, contact Fisher Scientific Customer Service.
|Calcium Chloride (CaCl2) (anhyd.), Choline chloride, D-Calcium pantothenate, Folic Acid, L-Arginine hydrochloride, L-Cystine 2HCl, L-Histidine hydrochloride-H2O, L-Isoleucine, L-Leucine, L-Lysine hydrochloride, L-Methionine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Tryptophan, L-Tyrosine disodium salt dihydrate, L-Valine, Magnesium Sulfate (MgSO4) (anhyd.), Niacinamide, Potassium Chloride (KCl), Pyridoxal hydrochloride, Riboflavin, Sodium Bicarbonate (NaHCO3), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Sodium Phosphate monobasic (NaH2PO4-H2O), Thiamine hydrochloride, i-Inositol|
|Storage: 2-8° C. Protect from light. Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture|