Gibco™ Ham's F-12 Nutrient Mix, GlutaMAX™ Supplement
Designed for serum-free single-cell plating of Chinese hamster ovary cells
Manufacturer: Gibco™ LS31765035
Ham's F-12 Nutrient Mixture (F-12) has since been used for serum-free growth of CHO cultures as well as serum-supplemented growth of other mammalian cells, including chondrocytes and rat prostate epithelial cells.
- Contains zinc, putrescine, hypoxanthine, and thymidine
- Serum-free growth of CHO cells in F-12 has led to variety of improved formulations
- It is modified as follows: with GlutaMAX™, phenol red. Gibco F-12 with GlutaMAX supplement minimizes toxic ammonia build-up and improves cell viability and growth in easy-to-use format
- Contains no proteins or growth factors
- Requires supplementation, commonly with 10% Fetal Bovine Serum (FBS)
- Uses sodium bicarbonate buffer system (1.176g/L) and therefore requires 5-10% CO2 environment to maintain physiological pH
- Sustainable packaging
Cell Culture, Mammalian Cell Culture
|Storage conditions: 2-8° C. Protect from light
Shipping conditions: Ambient
Shelf life: 12 months from date of manufacture
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures. Not for human or animal therapeutic use. Uses other than the intended use may be a violation of local law. For in vitro diagnostic use.