Gibco™ BMPR1A Recombinant Human Protein
Bone Morphogenetic Protein Receptor 1A (BMPR1A) Fc Chimera is a bioactive protein intended for use in cell culture applications
Manufacturer: Gibco™ LSPHC9243
DescriptionBMPR1A is one of the bone morphogenetic protein (BMP) receptors which are a family of transmembrane serine/threonine kinases that include the type I receptors BMPR1A and BMPR1B and the type II receptor BMPR2. These receptors are also closely related to the activin receptors, ACVR1 and ACVR2. The ligands of these receptors are members of the TGF-beta superfamily. TGF-betas and activins transduce their signals through the formation of heteromeric complexes with 2 different types of serine (threonine) kinase receptors: type I receptors of about 50-55kDa and type II receptors of about 70-80kDa. Type II receptors bind ligands in the absence of type I receptors, but they require their respective type I receptors for signaling, whereas type I receptors require their respective type II receptors for ligand binding.
- High purity: no interference from other proteins or contaminants
- High biological activity: more results with less protein
- Proven compatibility: Gibco proteins bioassayed with Gibco media
- High Purity Recombinant Bioactive Protein: to help ensure Gibco growth factors are of the highest quality, each protein is analyzed for purity along with structural homogeneity to ensure a biologically active protein
- High Biological Activity: in-house activity testing of Gibco Recombinant Proteins includes cell proliferation, cytotoxicity, chemotaxis, calcium flux, secondary cytokine up-regulation, induction of surface antigen expression, anti-viral, and protease assays; specific activity is determined by its ability to inhibit human BMP4 induction of alkaline phosphatase in the mouse chondrogenic cell line ATDC5
Shipping Condition: Wet Ice.
|BMPs (Bone Morphogenetic Proteins) & Related Factors|
|Growth Factors & Receptors|
|ED50 range: 0.1 to 0.3μg/mL|
|Cell Culture; Mammalian Cell Culture|
|Store lyophilized human BMPR1a at 2° to 8°C, preferably desiccated. Upon reconstitution, apportion into working aliquots and store at ≤ -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.|
For Research Use Only. Not intended for animal or human diagnostic or therapeutic use.