GE Healthcare™ Percoll™ Centrifugation Media
For separation of cells, subcellular particles, and larger viruses (down to approx. 70S) under gentle conditions that preserve viability and morphological integrity. GE Healthcare™ Percoll™ Centrifugation Media Percoll is composed of colloidal silica coated with polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP).
$240.00 - $508.00
- Gradients can either be preformed or spontaneously generated by centrifugation at moderate speeds in an angle-head rotor
- Low viscosity of media allows cell isolations on preformed gradients to be completed in only a few minutes using low centrifugal forces (200 to 1000xG)
- Iso-osmotic gradients throughout cover a range of densities up to 1.3g/mL
- Nontoxic, almost chemically inert and does not adhere to membranes
- Adjustable to physiological ionic strength and pH; can be buffered within pH range 5.5 to 10.0 without change in properties
- Percoll is a silica sol with nondialyzable PVP coating; 15-30nm dia. bead size
For in vitro research use only.
|8.5 to 9.5|
|Colorless to Slightly Yellow|
|For separation of cells, subcellular particles and larger viruses (down to ∼70S) under gentle conditions that preserve viability and morphological integrity|
|4° to 30°C|