Thermo Scientific™ FT-IR Polymer Analysis Kits provide a rapid, inexpensive way to monitor chemical and physical parameters of polymers critical to your process or product quality. Whether you need to verify the correct co-polymer blend ratio or quantify the amount of release agent, UV stabilizer, or other additives in your materials, there is a polymer analysis configuration that’s right for you. The Polymer Analysis Kits can help ensure your raw materials, intermediates or finished products comply with your quality standards.
The Thermo Scientific FT-IR Polymer Analysis Kits include either a single-bounce ATR accessory or a Heated Mini-Film Maker plus our unique Thermo Scientific OMNIC Specta Material Characterization software with a large spectral database of polymers and general chemical compounds. ATR allows you to quickly analyze polymer samples directly for identification or verification of bulk properties such as blend ratios. The Mini-Film Maker can be used to prepare constant thickness films from most thermoplastics for rapid and accurate quantitative analysis of polymer constituents and additives. The kits contain all of the components necessary to analyze your materials in your Thermo Scientific FT-IR spectrometer.
The Polymer Analysis Kit components:
OMNIC™ Specta* Polymer Package
- Unique software for material identification of master batches, co-polymers and compounded materials featuring proprietary multi-component search for mixture analysis, a library collection of over 13,000 spectra of polymers, additives,plasticizers and many other ingredients typically used in the polymer industry
- Includes the Infrared Spectroscopy of Polymers Knowledge Base covering polymer characteristics, infrared absorption frequencies and much, much more
- High quality single-bounce ATR accessory for use in your Thermo Scientific FT-IR spectrometer
- ATR allows identification of unknown samples in seconds and creation of quantitative analysis methods for co-polymerratios, high concentration additives or other properties of your materials
- Choose the ZnSe ATR for polyethylene,EVA or other soft polymers
- Select the diamond ATR to expand your capabilities from soft to hard materials, such as nylon or glass-filled polyesters
- For carbon-black filled materials, the germanium ATR crystal can be added
- An affordable and compact unit suitable for small volume, light duty applications
- Includes heated platens, press and everything needed to melt polymer samples into reproducible films and analyze them with a Thermo Scientific FT-IR spectrometer
- Allows quantitative analysis of additives and other polymer characteristics, including crystallinity and monomer ratios in copolymers
- Compact size allows use on virtually any desk top or lab bench and is capable of heating up to 250°C
- Films can be pressed to 50, 100, 250 and 500 microns thicknesses and mounted in the included 10mm aperture sampling cards for transmission analysis archiving