Thermo Scientific™ VspI (AseI)
Cut at AT^TAAT sites with VspI (AseI) restriction enzyme, which performs best at 37°C in O buffer (Isoschizomers: AseI, PshBI).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ ER0911
Lambda DNA digested with VspI (AseI), 1% agarose, 17 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'..A T^T AA T...3'
3'..T AA T^T A...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer O:50mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10 mM MgCl2, 100 mM NaCl and 0.1mg/ml BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- VspI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/ml BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with VspI, more than 95% of DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps – no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps – no effect
- CpG: never overlaps – no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps – no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap – effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5 units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
- Csp6I, FspBI, NdeI, Tru1I