Thermo Scientific™ RseI (MslI)
The RseI (MslI) restriction enzyme recognizes CAYNN^NNRTG sites and cuts best at 37°C in R buffer (Isoschizomers: MslI, SmiMI).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ ER2002
Lambda DNA digested with RseI (MslI), 1.2% agarose, 62 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...C A Y N N▵N N R T G...3'
3'...G T R N N▵N N Y A C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity
- 1X Buffer R:10mM Tris-HCl (pH8.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- RseI is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM EDTA, 1mM DTT, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage
- After 50-fold overdigestion with RseI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —no effect
- EcoKI: may overlap —blocked
- EcoBI: may overlap —effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA
- Minimum 5units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16hours