Thermo Scientific™ LweI (SfaNI)
The LweI (SfaNI) restriction enzyme recognizes GCATC(5/9)^ sites and cuts best at 37°C in Tango buffer (Isoschizomers: SfaNI).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ ER1621
Lambda DNA digested with LweI (SfaNI), 1.4% agarose, 169 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'..G C A T C (N)5▵...3'
3'..C G T A G (N)9▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer Tango™: 33mM Tris-acetate (pH7.9 at 37°C), 10mM Mg-acetate, 66mM K-acetate and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- LweI is supplied in: 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
- Dam: never overlaps —no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps —no effect
- CpG: may overlap —cleavage impaired
- EcoKI: never overlaps —no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap —effect not determined
LweI may remain associated with the cleaved DNA. This may cause DNA band shifting during electrophoresis. To avoid atypical DNA band patterns, use the 6X DNA Loading Dye & SDS Solution for sample preparation or heat the digested DNA in the presence of SDS prior to electrophoresis. At least two copies of LweI recognition site are required for efficient cleavage.