Thermo Scientific™ Eco52I (EagI)
The Eco52I (EagI) restriction enzyme recognizes C^GGCCG sites and cuts best at 37°C in its own unique buffer (Isoschizomers: BseX3I, BstZI, EagI, EclXI).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ ER0332
Lambda DNA digested with Eco52I (EagI), 0.7% agarose, 2 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...C▵G G C C G...3'
3'...G C C G G▵C...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer Eco52I:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.5 at 37°C), 3mM MgCl2, 100mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- Eco52I is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.2 at 25°C), 500mM NaCl, 1mM DTT, 0.1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with Eco52I, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps-no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps-no effect
- CpG: completely overlaps-blocked
- EcoKI: never overlaps-no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps-no effect
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5U of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
- Bsp120I, CfrI, NotI