Thermo Scientific™ Eco47I (AvaII)
The Eco47I (AvaII) restriction enzyme recognizes G^GWCC sites and cuts best at 37°C in R buffer (Isoschizomers: AvaII, Bme18I, SinI, VpaK11BI).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ ER0311
Lambda DNA digested with Eco47I (AvaII), 1% agarose, 35 cleavage sites
conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...G▵G W C C...3'
3'...C C W G▵G...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer R:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 8.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 100mM KCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- Eco47I is supplied in:10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with Eco47I, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps-no effect
- Dcm: may overlap-blocked
- CpG: may overlap-blocked
- EcoKI: never overlaps-no effect
- EcoBI: never overlaps-no effect
- Cfr13I, CpoI, Psp5II, SanDI
Eco47I is blocked by overlappingdcm methylation. To avoiddcm methylation, use adam,dcm- strain such as GM2163 (#M0099).