Thermo Scientific™ BpiI (BbsI)
Cut GAAGAC(2/6)^ sites with BpiI (BbsI) restriction enzyme, which performs best at 37°C in G buffer (Isoschizomers: BbsI, BpuAI, BstV2I).
Manufacturer: Thermo Scientific™ ER1011
Conventional restriction endonucleases are a large collection of high quality restriction enzymes, optimized to work in one of the buffers of the Five Buffer System. In addition, the universal Tango buffer is provided for convenience in double digestions. All of the enzymes exhibit 100% activity in the recommended buffer and reaction conditions. To ensure consistent performance, Thermo Scientific restriction enzyme reaction buffers contain premixed BSA, which enhances the stability of many enzymes and binds contaminants that may be present in DNA preparations.
5'...G A A G A C (N)2▵...3'
3'...C T T C T G (N)6▵...5'
Conditions for 100% Activity:
- 1X Buffer G
- 10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA
- Incubate at 37°C
- BpiI is supplied in:
- 10mM Tris-HCl (pH7.4 at 25°C), 100mM KCl, 1mM DTT, 1mM EDTA, 0.2mg/mL BSA and 50% (v/v) glycerol
Ligation and Recleavage:
- After 50-fold overdigestion with BpiI, more than 95% of the DNA fragments can be ligated and recut
- Dam: never overlaps — no effect
- Dcm: never overlaps — no effect
- CpG: may overlap — no effect
- EcoKI: never overlaps — no effect
- EcoBI: may overlap — effect not determined
Digestion of Agarose-embedded DNA:
- Minimum 5 units of the enzyme are required for complete digestion of 1μg of agarose-embedded lambda DNA in 16 hours
BpiI cleaves downstream of its recognition site and can generate any desired 4 base 5ft.-overhangs. This feature is useful for direct PCR product cloning.
|10mM Tris-HCl (pH 7.5 at 37°C), 10mM MgCl2, 50mM NaCl and 0.1mg/mL BSA|