BD™ Difco™ YPD Agar
Used for maintaining and propagating yeasts. BD™ Difco™ YPD Agar is a dehydrated powder for preparing culture media in molecular microbiology procedures.
Manufacturer: BD™ B242720
BD Difco YPD Agar; 500g Bottle; Dehydrated media culture; pH 6.5 +/- 0.2; Beige powder; For propagation and maintenance of yeasts in molecular biology
General methods in yeast genetics specify using yeast extract-peptone-dextrose (YPD) medium for cultivating Saccharomyces cerevisiae and other yeasts. Yeasts grow well on a minimal medium containing only dextrose and salts. The addition of protein and yeast cell extract hydrolysates allows faster growth so that during exponential or log-phase growth, the cells divide every 90 minutes.
- Peptone acts as a source of carbon, nitrogen, vitamins and minerals
- Yeast extract supplies B-complex vitamins, which stimulate bacterial growth
- Dextrose is the carbohydrate source
- Agar acts as the solidifying agent
- pH (6.5% solution, 25°C): 6.5 ± 0.2
|Yeast Peptone Dextrose Agar|
|For maintaining and propagating Yeasts in molecular microbiology procedures|
|Yeast extract 10g/L, Peptone 20g/L, Dextrose 20g/L, Agar 15g/L|