BD™ Bacto™ Tryptic Soy Broth (Soybean-Casein Digest Medium)
Conforms with USP and EP specifications. BD™ Bacto™ Tryptic Soy Broth (Soybean-Casein Digest Medium) is a dehydrated, general purpose media for isolation, detection and cultivation of wide variety of microorganisms.
Manufacturer: BD™ B211822
BD Bacto Tryptic Soy Broth (Soybean-Casein Digest Medium), 2kg; Dehydrated Media, Microbiology; TSB
Tryptic Soy Broth (Soybean-Casein Digest Medium) is a general purpose medium used in qualitative procedures for the cultivation of fastidious and non-fastidious microorganisms from a variety of clinical and nonclinical specimens. TSB is a nutritious medium that will support the growth of a wide variety of microorganisms, including common aerobic, facultative and anaerobic bacteria and fungi.
- This formulation is included in the USP as a medium for use in performing microbial enumeration tests and tests for specified microorganisms when testing nonsterile pharmaceutical products.
- TSB was chosen by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service for detecting viable bacteria in live vaccines.
- TSB is recommended for testing bacterial contaminants in cosmetics and complies with established standards in the food industry.
- Because of its capacity for growth promotion, TSB is also recommended for use as the inoculum broth for disc diffusion and agar dilution antimicrobial susceptibility testing as standardized by the Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI).
- Used in the isolation of: Neisseria meningitides 13090, Staphylococcus epidermidis 12228, Streptococcus pneumoniae 6305, Streptococcus pyogenes 19615, Aspergillus brasiliensis (niger) 16404, Bacillus subtillis 6633, Candida albicans 10231, Escherichia coli 8739, Pseudomonas aeruginosa 9027, Salmonella enterica subsp. enterica serotype Typhimurium 14028, Staphylococcus aureus 6538
|AOAC, BAM, BS12, CCAM, CLSI, CMPH2, COMPF, EP, EPA, ISO, JP, MCM9, SMD, USDA, USP|
|Cultivation of fastidious and non-fastidious microorganisms from a variety of clinical and nonclinical specimens|
|Pancreatic digest of Casein 17g/L, Papaic digest of Soybean 3g/L, Dextrose 2.5g/L, Sodium Chloride 5g/L, Dipotassium Phosphate 2.5g/L|
|Dehydrated (free flowing, homogenous)|
|Tryptic Soy Broth|
|Tryptic Soy broth (Soybean Casein digest medium)|