BD™ Difco™ Sabouraud Dextrose Broth
Used in qualitative procedures for culturing yeasts, molds and aciduric microorganisms. BD™ Difco™ Sabouraud Dextrose Broth meets United States Pharmacopeia (USP), European Pharmacopoeia (EP) and Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP) performance specifications.
Manufacturer: BD™ B238220
BD Difco Sabouraud Dextrose Broth; 100g; Dehydrated Media, Culture; For cultivation of yeasts, molds and aciduric microorganisms
Sabouraud Dextrose Broth is used for culturing yeasts and molds in cosmetics. The USP recommends the use of Sabouraud Dextrose Broth when isolating Candida albicans from nonsterile pharmaceutical products.
- Sabouraud dextrose media are peptone media supplemented with dextrose to support the growth of fungi
- Peptones are sources of nitrogenous growth factors
- The carbohydrate provides an energy source for the growth of microorganisms
- pH (3.0% solution, 25°C): 5.6 ± 0.2
- Displays cultural response to: Aspergillus brasiliensis (niger) 16404, Candida albicans 10231, Lactobacillus casei 9595, Saccharomyces cerevisiae 9763, Candida albicans 10231
|BAM, EP, JP, USP|
|Cultivation of Yeasts, molds and aciduric microorganisms|
|Peptic Digest of Animal Tissue 5.0g/L, Pancreatic Digest of Casein 5.0g/L, Dextrose 20.0g/L|
|Sabouraud Dextrose Broth|
|Sabouraud Dextrose broth|