BD™ Difco™ Mueller Hinton Broth
Used in the cultivation of a wide variety of fastidious and nonfastidious microorganisms. BD™ Difco™ Mueller Hinton Broth is a general purpose medium that is not cation adjusted. It may be used in antimicrobial susceptibility testing of microorganisms by broth dilution methods.
Manufacturer: BD™ B275730
BD Difco Mueller Hinton Broth; 500g Bottle; Dehydrated culture media; Not cation-adjusted; Low thymine, thymidine; Not supplemented with Ca or Mg ions; For cultivation of microorganisms and antimicrobial susceptibility testing
Mueller Hinton Broth, not cation-adjusted, is a dehydrated culture medium that is not supplemented with calcium or magnesium ions. It is formulated to have a low thymine and thymidine content. It may be used for broth dilution antimicrobial susceptibility testing as long as the calcium and magnesium ion concentrations are adjusted according to CLSI standard M7.
- Acid hydrolysate (digest) of casein and beef extract supply amino acids and other nitrogenous substances, minerals, vitamins, carbon and other nutrients to support the growth of microorganisms
- Starch acts as a protective colloid against toxic substances in the medium; hydrolysis of the starch during autoclaving provides a small amount of dextrose, which is a source of energy
- Displays a cultural response to: Enterococcus faecalis 29212, Escherichia coli 25922, Pseudomonas aeruginosa 27853 and Staphylococcus aureus 29213
- pH (2.1% solution, 25°C): 7.3 ± 0.1
- Calcium: 2.9–5.9mg/L; Magnesium: 3.2–5.2mg/L
|Cultivation of wide variety of fastidious and non-fastidious microorganisms|
|Beef extract 2g/L, Acid digest of Casein 17.5g/L, Starch 1.5g/L|
|Light beige (with a few dark specks)|
|Mueller Hinton Broth|
|Mueller Hinton broth|